The GLA will be holding a Sustainability Workshop on the 6th of July 2:30-5pm with drinks and nibbles afterwards. This workshop aims to provide you with an insight into how you may be able to sustain and mainstream your activity post LSEF. It will look at how you can:
- Generate diverse income streams from a variety of sources; grant making organisations, donors, schools, public and corporate funders
- Communicate your success; make the contacts and build the partnerships that you need.
- Demonstrate the impact of your project, its cost effectiveness and value for money to funders.
Welcome and introductions
Mainstreaming activity and achieving financial sustainability
Communicating your success
- How to use your final evaluation report to demonstrate the impact and cost effectiveness of your project (Project Oracle)
- Communicating your success – externally positioning and marketing yourself, how to make contacts and build effective partnerships (London Leadership Strategy)
How to access funding opportunities
Panel discussion with representatives from grant funding organisations (Paul Hamlyn Foundation, EEF, Shine Trust and Mercers) who will discuss:
- What are funders looking for?
- Types of organisation they fund/areas of focus?
- What makes a successful application?
- Why are some applications unsuccessful?
- Providing funding in difficult economic times
- The importance of evaluation and impact, to your grants process
- Useful resources/ where projects can go for support?
Caroline Khoo, GLA Partnership Manager will also contribute to the panel discussing business engagement including:
- Research and development (identifying and understanding relevant businesses and industry)
- How to engage with businesses and build partnerships.
- Types of support/ funding that can be leveraged.
Future Sustainability and Mainstreaming Activity
Panel style discussion with LSEF projects on their:
- Sustainability plans
- Funding models being used
- Making your project relevant to your school development and the business case to your SLT.
Roundtable discussions between projects on sustainability
- Where they are at with their sustainability plans?
- What challenges have they faced?
- What three points they will take back to their school/organisation?
Networking and drinks
To book a place on the workshops please email firstname.lastname@example.org.